Alignment Service in Seaside, CA
Alignment Service at Premier Hyundai of Seaside
Keep your vehicle performing at its best with a smooth ride when you have your alignment service done at Premier Hyundai of Seaside. A wheel alignment, also referred to as a tire alignment, is an important part of maintenance for your car, truck, or SUV. We’ll take care of your alignment needs for your Hyundai Elantra or Hyundai Sonata to ensure safe travel around Seaside, Salinas, or elsewhere in Monterey County.
Why Wheel Alignment is Necessary
The alignment of the wheels refers to how the tires and wheels connect with the pavement. When the tires are out of alignment, it can impact stability and other aspects of performance. An alignment at Premier Hyundai of Seaside adjusts the angle of the wheels to provide correct contact with the road. The wheels aren’t actually moved, but the suspension system gets the adjustment.
Signs that your vehicle is out of alignment include:
- The vehicle vibrates as you drive
- The vehicle pulls in one direction, and you must work harder to steer
- Tires wear down more quickly and unevenly
- The steering wheel is turned to one side even when you’re traveling in a straight line
A wheel alignment is a standard part of vehicle maintenance. You should have your wheels serviced anytime you get new tires or have the vehicle lowered or lifted. If you had suspension repairs, you should also schedule a wheel alignment. Your vehicle may become misaligned after a collision or even after a hard impact with a curb.
If you regularly travel on rough roads, you should have your alignment checked at least once or twice a year. Misalignment often happens gradually, so get it checked even if you aren’t noticing any issues.
Get Your Alignment Checked
When you contact Premier Hyundai of Seaside for an alignment check, it doesn’t mean they will change the alignment. The service technicians will test it to see if the numbers are according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Camber alignment – This test shows how the tires angle if you were standing in front of the vehicle. The tires may tilt inward or outward and is often caused by suspension parts that have been or need to be replaced.
- Toe alignment – This test checks the position of the tires as seen from above. Wheels that angle inward or outward need to be corrected.
- Caster alignment – This test checks the angle of the steering axis, which is critical for steering, especially into turns.
Technicians will also test your tires during an alignment. They may recommend having them replaced or rebalanced, which can help with performance.
Keeping your vehicle in proper alignment provides a safer ride with improved performance and fuel economy. It is a part of ordinary vehicle maintenance and should be scheduled according to the manufacturer’s recommendations or when it shows signs of misalignment.
Schedule your wheel alignment with Premier Hyundai of Seaside with our online scheduler or give us a call. Let us help you care for your Hyundai vehicle and keep you safe on the highways.